Senior Cloud Engineer/Architect
Get Real Health Company Overview
Join Get Real Health, a team shaping the future of healthcare by engaging patients through technology. We build software to help individuals and healthcare professionals engage and empower each other. Our award-winning products combine a world of new information from patients, devices, and apps with existing clinical data for a complete view of an individual’s health. Based in Rockville, MD we have been named one of the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal.
We combine a fun and funky start-up culture with a lengthy track record of success and clients around the world. If you have a knack for making complex things simple and a passion for improving lives through technology, you might be just the new team member we are looking for!
Responsible for all aspects of cloud delivery of our software products. Tasks range from cloud strategy, IaaS, and PaaS design to DevOps processes and execution. Will work with software engineers to build and maintain CI/CD pipelines. Will design, implement, and operate platform and software instrumentation to track performance and facilitate troubleshooting. In addition to designing and managing our in-house platforms, they will provide expert guidance to our customers on deploying and managing our software in their cloud environments, regardless of what cloud vendors they use.
Senior Cloud Engineer/Architect Role
- Building environments using Infrastructure as a code tools
- Define vision, strategy and principles for cloud-based architectures.
- Engage with software architects across product development teams to optimize our software for IaaS and PaaS
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Provide DevOps / hosting and operations expertise to clients who are operating our software in their cloud or on premise environments
- Create and maintain infrastructure and scripts
- Create architecture, process, and operational documentation
- Plan and perform deployments for our .NET applications in Azure and other cloud platforms
- Manage full windows technology stack on cloud including Active Directory and patch management
- Troubleshoot PaaS & IaaS components hosted in Microsoft Windows Azure cloud platform and support deployments on other cloud platforms
- Work with the networking team to manage VNets, peering, VPNs etc
- Implement security and compliance measures as directed by the SOC team, certification requirements and customer needs
- Perform deep troubleshooting to analyze logs, application / infrastructure issues to improve scalability, high availability and performance of applications in production and non-production environments
- Build and maintain tools and frameworks that support health-check of applications and other automated solutions
- Design, build, and deliver dashboards and reports to monitor applications and underlying cloud infrastructure to identify bottlenecks causing degradation of service quality and/or availability
- Extensive hands-on experience with Azure hosting and DevOps involving Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and .NET applications
- JSON, XML, and RESTful web services
- Good knowledge of Internet technologies (TCP/IP, HTTP, routing protocols)
- Windows Server, Active Directory, and IIS management experience
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with PowerShell
- Experience with source control systems: Git, SVN
- Cloud security expertise
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Working knowledge of server/database procedures
- Experience supporting production applications
- Experience working with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Strong problem- determination skills and resolution experience.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Expertise in Health IT software
- Experience developing applications on the Microsoft stack
- Experience with Continuous Integration servers and DevOps pipelines.(eg. Teamcity, Azure DevOps, GitLab)
- Experience with Template driven deployment in Cloud eg. ARM templates in Azure, Terraform etc.
- Experience with APM tools and built-in monitoring solutions provided by Cloud vendors eg. Azure Monitor, Application Insights etc.
Why Get Real Health?:
- We are a tightknit group, if you join our team – get ready to make some new friends and some new great memories.
- Casual work environment
- Company match 401K
- Full time position on Rockville Metro Line
- Gym in Building
- Fun, collaborative work environment
Ready to apply?
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.